Aloha, and welcome to the PMI e-Festival!
What is an e-Festival? A virtual concert featuring performers from our 2021 Pacific Music Institute summer camp! We’ve been practicing putting on virtual concerts since 2020, and this compilation of over 30 pieces is one of our biggest undertakings to date!
Though recording a virtual concert is not quite the same as performing in front of a live audience, it is still a great learning experience for our young musicians!
Our favorite thing about virtual concerts is the opportunity to share the concert with friends and family members who would not have been able to travel to Oahu to attend the performance, so we welcome you to invite your friends, family, and extended family to watch!
Thank you to our faculty, staff, and volunteers for making PMI a big success! A big congratulations to our student performers for the energy and heart they put into their music. Finally, our heatrfelt appreciation for YOU watching and sharing our love for music!
You’ll hear musical numbers from each one of our small ensembles, plus a reprise of some of our favorite songs from Na Mele 2020. In our virtual ensemble, we perform the Overture On Themes From The Songbook Of Her Majesty Queen Lili`uokalani arranged by Michael Foumai. The PMI 2021 eFestival will remain online for you to watch and rewatch at your convenience, we hope you enjoy the show!
Far Too Wide
Solo & String Quartet
Summer Jazz Intensive
- SSQ 1 – String Quartet in G Major, Op. 77 No. 1 composed by F. J. Haydn (1732-1809) Finale: Vivace
- SSQ 2 – String Quartet in F Major, Op. 18 No. 1 composed by L. van Beethoven (1770-1827) Allegro con brio
- SSQ 3 – String Quartet in C Minor, Op. 51 No. 1 composed by J. Brahms (1833-1897) Finale: Allegro
- SSQ 4 – String Quartet in G Major, K. 387 composed by W. A. Mozart (1756-1791) Molto allegro
- SSQ 5 – String Quartet in D Major, Op. 76 No. 5 composed by F. J. Haydn (1732-1809) Allegretto
- SSQ 6 – String Quartet in F Major Op. 96 No. 12 “American” composed by A. Dvorak (1841-1904) Allegro ma non troppo
- SSQ 7 – String Quartet in D Major, K. 155 composed by W. A. Mozart (1756-1791) Andante, Molto Allegro
- SSQ 8 – Concerto for 4 Violins in G Major, TWV 40:201 composed by G. F. Telemann (1681-1767) Largo, Allegro
- SSQ 9 – String Quartet in D Major, K. 575, composed by W. A. Mozart (1756-1791) Allegretto
- SSQ 10 – String Quartet in C Major, Op. 33 No. 3 composed by F. J. Haydn (1732-1809) Finale: Rondo – Presto
- SSQ 11 – String Quartet in B-flat Major, Op. 18 No. 6 composed by L. van Beethoven (1770-1827) Allegro con brio
- SSQ 12 – String Quartet in D Minor, Op. 76 No. 2 “Quinten” composed by F. J. Haydn (1732-1809) Allegro
- SSQ 13 – Suite for Four Violins composted by Ladislav Gabrieli (1851-19?) Gavotta – Moderato, Moderato solenne
- SSQ 14 – String Quartet No. 1 in E Minor “From my Life” composed by B. Smetana (1824-1884) Allegro vivo appassionato
- SSQ 15 – String Quartet No. 6 in F Minor, Op. 80 composed by F. Mendelssohn (1809-1847) Allegro vivace assai
- SSQ 16 – Trios, Op. 34, arr. M. Lim J. Bloch (1917-2009) Gavotte, Trio No. 6
- “Disney Love Medley” by Voctave and arranged by Cody Onishi featuring: “I See the Light,” “You’ll Be in My Heart,” and “Go the Distance”
- “Journey Medley” arranged by Cody Onishi featuring: “Open Arms,” “Girl Can’t Help It,” “Send Her My Love,” and “Don’t Stop Believin”
- Norwegian Dance in G Major by Edvard Grieg, arr. Henry Aaron
- Divertimento No. 8, K. 213 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, arr. Himie Voxman II. Andante IV. Contredanse et Rondo
- Rustic Holiday by Paul Koepke
- Liliu E (The Queen’s Hula) by John Laulia, arr. Marsha Schweitzer
- Golden Age Ballet by Dmitri Shostakovich, arr. Henry Aaron III. Polka
- Fiesta Del Rio by Mario Gaetano
- Marimba Concerto 1st MVMT by Ney Rosauro
- Spiraling Light by Nathan Daughtrey
- Bartok Builds a Snowman arr. Jesse Mattson
- Storm Break by Jim Casella
- CRUZIN by Jamaica Lalo Davila
Summer Jazz Intensive
- Jazz 1: Mercy, Mercy, Mercy by Joe Zawinul, Sound Painting group improvisation lead by Steve Treseler, Equinox by John Coltrane
- Jazz 2: Grove Merchant by Jerome Richardson, Sound Painting group improvisation lead by Steve Treseler, The Chicken by Pee Wee Elis
- Jazz Faculty: Gingerbread Boy by Jimmy Heath, Take the A Train by Billy Strayhorn
Hawaii Baptist Academy
Kapolei Charter School (Goodwill HI)
Le Jardin Academy
Myron B. Thompson
Pearl City High
Sacred Hearts Academy
Salt Lake Elementary
San Domenico School
SF Conservatory of Music
Star of the Sea
Thank you so much for your support of our summer music program! We believe attending a music camp is an invaluable experience for every child, and hope to make it possible for even more students across the islands and the pacific, to attend.
Your contributions go directly toward operating costs, including outreach, and financial aid for families in need. Mahalo!